Gluten-Free Pizza Crust Mix
Total Estimated Time: 1 Hour
Ingredients: Brown Rice Four, Potato Starch, Tapioca Flour, Arrowroot Starch, Baking Powder, Kosher Salt, Xanthan Gum
Other Ingredients Needed
1 1/4 tbsp honey
2 tbsp dry active yeast
3/4 cup warm water
4 tbsp olive oil (and more for oiling surfaces)
sauce of choice
topping(s) of choice
Other Materials Kneaded
- a large measuring cup
- a large mixing bowl
- a spatula
- a fork
- a 12" pizza pan or baking pan
- a rolling pin (recommended)
- a mixer (optional)
- plastic wrap
Did you know that Americans eat approximately 100 acres of pizza a day or about 350 slices per second?
1. Whisk honey, yeast, and water with a fork in a large measuring cup. Your yeast mixture is properly activated if you see bubbles and smell a yeasty aroma.
2. While the yeast proofs (3-4 minutes) shake this package lightly to distribute the powders.
3. Tear and pour the contents of this package into a large mixing bowl.
4a. If you have a mixer: With the mixer running on low with the dough hook attachment, slowly add in the yeast mixture and 4 tbsp olive oil. Turn off the mixer every few minutes to scrape down the sides with a spatula and mix in any flour that may have settled at the bottom of your bowl. Once the yeast mixture and olive oil are fully emptied in the mixing bowl, set the mixer to medium high and beat for 3-4 minutes.
4b. If you don't have a mixer: Mix the majority of the pizza crust mix with the yeast mixture and 4 tbsp of olive oil (added in slowly to incorporate) using a spatula to start and hands once necessary. Remember to down the sides of your bowl while you mix.
5. Using an oiled spatula, press the dough off of the sides and into a ball.
6. Cover (plastic wrap recommended) and let rise for at least 30 minutes. If you are a fan of thicker dough, we recommend letting it rise for at least 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. Preheat your oven to 450 ºF.
8. Oil a 12" pizza pan or similar tray of choice. Using wet or oiled hands, take your dough and press it into the pan. A wet or oiled rolling pin will make rolling out the dough easier.
9. Cover and let rise for at least 10 minutes.
10. Bake for 3-4 minutes before adding sauce and toppings. Then bake for an additional 4-8 minutes. Note that oven times may vary.
11. Let cool for at least 5 minutes.