Garlic Knot Recipe
You can use some of the dough to make knots and some for pizza crust to have a knotted crust perimeter!
1 pouch of our mix
1 tbsp honey (or white sugar if vegan)
2 tbsp dry active yeast
3/4 cup warm water
1/4 cup olive oil (plus more for oiling surfaces)
fresh garlic or garlic powder
Parmesean and/or other cheese (optional)
- a large measuring cup
- a large mixing bowl
- a spatula
- a whisk or fork
- a knife
- a baking pan
- a rolling pin (recommended)
- a mixer (recommended)
- plastic wrap
1. Whisk honey, yeast, and warm water (with a whisk or fork)in a large measuring cup to proof for 3-4 minutes (you want to see bubbles and smell a yeasty aroma).
2. Pour most of contents of this pouch into a large mixing bowl. Slowly mix in small amounts of the yeast mixture and olive oil with a spatula or stand mixer with a dough hook attachment until all is combined, then mix for 3-4 minutes at medium-high speed.
3. Using an oiled spatula, press the dough into a ball and cover with plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes (45 or more recommended for thicker crust).
4. Preheat your oven to 400°F and pour the rest of your mix onto a surface for rolling.
5. Shape the dough into a 16 inch long log.
6. Cut the log into strips about 1 inch each.
7. Roll each 1 inch strip into 8 inch ropes.
8. Tie each rope into a knot.
9. Combine melted butter, fresh garlic or garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.
10. Brush your butter mixture onto each knot
11. Sprinkle with Parmesan and/or other cheese to taste (optional)
12. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Note that oven times may vary.
13. Let cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!