These loaves work great for PB&J and other sandwiches if you cut it in squares and half them after baking.
- Small bowl
- 8x8 baking dish
- Large bowl
- Medium bowl
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2. Use some of your melted butter to brush your 8x8 baking dish.
3. Whisk 1/2 our mix, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl.
4. Whisk the eggs or vegan substitute, buttermilk or vegan substitute, and milk or vegan substitute in a medium bowl.
5. Whisk egg mixture into dry ingredients until combined and slightly lumpy.
6. Mix in the rest of your melted butter (or vegan substitute).
7. Using a spatula, scrape the mixture into your 8x8 baking dish.
8. Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes (until a tester, when inserted in the center, comes out clean). Note that oven times may vary.
9. Let cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!