Make cheddar biscuits by mixing in 4oz cheddar cheese or make tomato basil biscuits by mixing in 8 torn basil leaves and a finely diced
1/4 lb roma tomato.
1 pouch of our mix
3 tbsp melted butter
9 tbsp butter in small cubes (or vegan substitute)
1 tbsp baking powder
3/8 tbsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk (or vegan substitute here)
- an egg brush
a large mixing bowl
- a whisk
- a pastry cutter (recommended)
- a spatula
- a baking sheet
- plastic wrap
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F
2. Lightly brush your baking sheet with some of your melted butter
3. In a large bowl, whisk together our flour mix, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Using a pastry cutter or your fingertips, work the cold butter cubes or vegan substitute into the flour until you're left with pea-sized lumps.
5. Using a fork, stir your buttermilk or vegan substitute into the flour mixture to form a shaggy dough.
6. Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead to make uniform dough.
7. Gently shape into a narrow rectangle and divide into twelfths.
8. Roll each piece into a rounded biscuit shape and place on the baking tray.
9. Brush your biscuit tops with the remaining melted butter or vegan substitute.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Oven times may vary.
6. Let cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!