(Bread, Doughnuts, Cake/Cupcakes)
Early colonists used pumpkin in ingredient the crust of pies, not the filling.
1 tbsp of mix
rest of 1/2 of 12oz mix
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground clove
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 stick unsalted softened butter
1 cup brown/white sugar (flavor preference)
1 large egg (vegan with 1 tbsp flax seed + 3 tbsp water)
7.5 oz pumpkin puree
- medium/large bowl
- large bowl
- sieve or fine mesh strainer
- medium/large bowl
- parchment paper
- For certain items
- Bread: 8.5"x4.5" loaf pan
- Cupcakes: Standard tin
- Doughnuts: Donut pan
- Cake: 1/4" x 8 3/4" Cookie/Jelly Roll Pan
Frosting Ingredients (1 cup)
- 8 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 4 tbsp butter (melt+cooled)
- 1.5 tbsp light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dark maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground clove
1.1. In a medium to large bowl, combine half of the mix minus 1 tbsp and dried spices using a whisk until well combined.
2. In a large bowl for your hand or electric mixer, combine and beat your butter and sugar until blended.
3. Add one egg or egg substitute at a time (if making multiple batches in one) before beating at medium speed.
4. Preheat your oven to 325°F (for bread) or 400°F (for cupcakes, doughnuts, or cake) and grease your pan/tin needed with butter/baking spray. If making bread, dusting the tin with a tbsp of the mix, but otherwise do not dust.
5. Continue beating at medium speed until fluffy and light (roughly 3 minutes).
6. Beat in the pumpkin puree just until combined.
7. Set your mixer to low speed and add in the mix and spices until combined.
8. Pour the batter into your pan of choice and bake for 60-70 minutes for bread or 10-15 minutes for cupcakes, donuts, or cake.
9. Let cool for at least 10 minutes before flipping onto a cooling rack (recommended) to cool for another 5 minutes minimum before enjoying!
Tip 1: If made more than 1 day ago, toast slices to get crunchy crust. It will keep frozen for roughly 3 months if wrapped properly. Thaw in the fridge before serving if frozen.
11. Beat softened butter and cream cheese till blended well
2. Add brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ground clove till until creamy.
3. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Frost your cooled off baked goods as desired or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month (before expiration).